Vanilla Muffins with Nutella Frosting
I have been reading A Passion for Baking by Marcy Goldman and I love her recipes. I have tried two recipes already and this is one of them. These are very simple vanilla muffins, frosted with my favorite Nutella!! Quick, easy and tasty. Nutella perfectly complements the not too sweet muffins. Will post another one of her recipes, Vanilla cheesecake swirl chocolate brownies very soon.
12 mini muffins or 7-8 large muffins
Unsalted butter (softened) – 6 Tbsp
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Eggs – 1 large
Pure vanilla extract – 2 tsp
All purpose flour – 1 3/8 cup
Cornstarch – 1 1/2 tsp
Baking powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Milk – 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Arrange oven rack to a middle position. Prepare a nonstick muffin pan, spray the muffin pans generously with non stick cooking spray and/or muffin cups.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until well blended.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together into a bowl.
- Fold in the dry ingredients into wet using a wooden spoon/rubber spatula, in three batches, gradually adding in milk with each batch. Scrape down the bowl often to make ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each three fourths full. Bake until light golden brown, 17-20 mins for mini muffins or 20-24 mins for larger ones or until muffins spring back when gently pressed with fingertips.
- Cool the muffins and frost generously with Nutella!!!
And take a bite!!!